WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client, FTP client, WebDAV client and SCP client for Windows. Its main function is file transfer between a local and a remote computer. Beyond this, WinSCP offers scripting and basic file manager functionality.
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- U3 support
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
- Explorer and Commander interfaces
- Optionally stores session information
- Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
WinSCP 5.21.7 changelog:
- Improvements to official Batch Rename extension:
- Made GUI refresh optional to allow standalone execution.
- Not failing when specific file do not require any rename.
- Bug fix: Rename fails when the filename contain file mask special characters. 2157
- Bug fix: Failure when system settings change after new version message box was displayed.