Thunderbird is a free, open-source, cross-platform application for managing email and news feeds. It is a local (rather than a web-based) email application that is powerful yet easy-to-use. Thunderbird is developed, tested, translated and supported by the folks at Mozilla Corporation and by a group of dedicated volunteers. Thunderbird gives you control and ownership over your email. There are lots of add-ons available for Thunderbird that enable you to extend and customize your email experience.
Thunderbird gives you IMAP/POP support, a built-in RSS reader, support for HTML mail, powerful quick search, saved search folders, advanced message filtering, message grouping, labels, return receipts, smart address book LDAP address completion, import tools, and the ability to manage multiple e-mail and newsgroup accounts.
What's new in Thunderbird 102.3.0:
- Thunderbird will no longer attempt to import account passwords when importing from another Thunderbird profile in order to prevent profile corruption and permanent data loss.
- Devtools performance profile will use Thunderbird presets instead of Web Developer presets
- Thunderbird startup performance improvements
- Saving email source and images failed
- Error message was shown repeatedly when temporary disk space was full
- Attaching OpenPGP keys without a set size to non-encrypted messages briefly displayed a size of zero bytes
- Global Search entry box initially contained "undefined"
- Delete from POP Server mail filter rule intermittently failed to trigger
- Connections to POP3 servers without UIDL support failed
- Pop accounts with "Fetch headers only" set downloaded complete messages if server did not advertise TOP capability
- "File -> New -> Address Book Contact" from Compose window did not work
- Attach "My vCard" option in compose window was not available
- Improved performance of matching a contact to an email address
- Address book only recognized a contact's first two email addresses
- Address book search and autocomplete failed if a contact vCard could not be parsed
- Downloading NNTP messages for offline use failed
- NNTP client became stuck when connecting to Public-Inbox servers
- Various visual and UX improvements
- Various security fixes
Known Issues - Unresolved
- No dedicated "Department" field in address book