Thunderbird is a free, open-source, cross-platform application for managing email and news feeds. It is a local (rather than a web-based) email application that is powerful yet easy-to-use. Thunderbird is developed, tested, translated and supported by the folks at Mozilla Corporation and by a group of dedicated volunteers. Thunderbird gives you control and ownership over your email. There are lots of add-ons available for Thunderbird that enable you to extend and customize your email experience.
Thunderbird gives you IMAP/POP support, a built-in RSS reader, support for HTML mail, powerful quick search, saved search folders, advanced message filtering, message grouping, labels, return receipts, smart address book LDAP address completion, import tools, and the ability to manage multiple e-mail and newsgroup accounts.
What's new in Thunderbird 102.0:
- Thunderbird will now display a message when an upgrade migration task is taking a long time to complete
- es-MX localized build now available
- What's new link displayed in About: dialog
- Profile Import/Export UI refreshed and moved to a tab
- Commandline tools now included for OpenPGP debugging
- Thunderbird may now be built with OpenPGP support and a system librnp
- Added menu option to permanently decrypt OpenPGP encrypted messages to a folder
- OpenPGP: Public keys from email attachments and autocrypt headers now cached for future use
- Expired OpenPGP recipient keys now indicated in compose window
- OpenPGP Key Assistant enabled by default
- OpenPGP Key Properties now supports refreshing keys from key server
- Spaces vertical toolbar for easier in-app navigation
- Compose toolbar button for OpenPGP & S/MIME signing available via "Customize Toolbar"
- "Select all addresses" now supported from composer pill context menu
- Multiple active spelling dictionaries now supported in compose window
- Add dictionaries item added to Spelling button in compose window
- Added config option to more aggressively warn sender about having many public recipients to an email (mail.compose.warn_public_recipients.aggressive)
- Exporting current profile now supported on importing tab
- Back/Forward keyboard shortcuts added to Addon Manager
- New Address Book UI and significant backend overhaul
- Importing sqlite address books now supported
- Importing addressbooks via CSV file now supports semi-colon (;) delimited files
- Opening a news:// URL now works if an account is not configured for that news server
- Google Talk chat accounts now support logging in with OAuth2
- Matrix chat support enabled by default. This is a beta feature.
- Printing using the system dialog without preview now supported; Set print.prefer_system_dialog to true
- Removing events from a calendar now prompts for confirmation
- Upcoming events in the Today Pane show how far away they are
- Icons now displayed on recurring events and modified events within a recurring series [full release notes]