IrfanView is a fast and simple freeware image viewer, editor and converter that supports all major graphic formats, including AIF, ANI/CUR, ASF, AU/SND/AIF, AVI, B3D, BMP/DIB, CAM, CLP, CRW, DAT (VideoCD), DCR, DDS, DXF, Dicom/ACR, DJVU, ECW, EMF/WMF, EPS, FLI/FLC, FPX, FSH, G3, GIF, ICO/ICL/EXE/DLL, IFF/LBM, IMG/GEM, JPG2000, JPG/JPEG, JPM, KDC, LDF, LWF, MED, MID/MIDI/RMI, MNG/JNG, MOV, MP3, MPG/MPEG, MrSID, MRW, NEF, LM/NOL/NGG, OGG, ORF, PBM/PGM/PPM, PCX/DCX, PhotoCD, Mac PICT, PNG, PSD, PSP, QTIF, RAS/SUN, RAW, RAF, RA, RLE, SFF, SFW, SGI/RGB, SWF, TGA, TIF, TTF, TXT, WAD, WAV, WBMP, WBZ/WBC, WMA, WMV, XBM and XPM.
In addition it features drag and drop support, directory viewing, TWAIN scan support, slide shows, batch conversion, multi language support, thumbnail option, preview option, print option, IPTC edit, capturing, extract icons from EXE/DLL/ICLs, lossless JPG (Joint Photographic Expert Group) rotation, EXE/SCR creating, many hotkeys, many command line options and modifications such as changing color depth, crop, blur and sharpen.
IrfanView 4.59 changelog:
- New JPG saving option: Show preview image (to adjust quality and filesize)
- Support for JXL format (JPEG XL, reading and saving; PlugIn) (must be enabled in menu: Help->Installed PlugIns)
- New effect in Image->Effects menu: Tilt-Shift
- Options for SVG loading (Properties->PlugIns)
- New Edit menu: Show selection from "Auto crop borders" (can be used for e.g. Lossless JPG Crop)
- Improved support for EXIF data in HEIC and CR3 files (EXIF dialog)
- New print dialog option: Fill paper - for "Best fit to page"
- Help text added to some options in Lossless-JPG dialog (thanks to forum users)
- New command line option: /contactsheet=(filenames) => make Contact Sheet using dialog options (see "i_options.txt")
- Several PlugIns are changed/updated, please install the newest versions