LockHunter is a free tool to delete files blocked by something you do not know. LockHunter is useful for fighting against malware, and other programs that are blocking files without a reason. Unlike other similar tools it deletes files into the recycle bin so you may restore them if deleted by mistake.
- Shows processes locking a file or folder
- Allows to unlock, delete, copy or rename a locked file
- Allows to kill locking process
- Allows to remove locking processes from hard drive
- Can unload DLLs from processes
- Integrates in to Explorer menu
- It deletes files into the recycle bin, so you may restore them if deleted by mistake
- Supports both 32 and 64-bit Windows
LockHunter 3.4.3 changelog:
- Bug fixed: Winget couldn’t read the program version, therefore it always displayed LockHunter requires upgrade
- Per many user requests we have added a portable edition of LockHunter. It’s also supplied in the form of installer but it allows to install the program to an external drive (or even to a cloud drive) and then use it on any computer. The portable version stores its settings in a configuration file (rather than the registry) and save log file to the folder of its executable. It doesn’t have an integration to Windows Explorer and as installable version requires administrative permissions. It will run on both Windows 64 bit and 32 bit (though, there are less than 5% of our users are still on it).