Calibre is an open source e-book library management application that enables you to manage your e-book collection, convert e-books between different formats, synchronize with popular e-book reader devices, and read your e-books with the included viewer.
It acts as an e-library and also allows for format conversion, news feeds to e-book conversion, as well as e-book reader sync features and an integrated e-book viewer.
Calibre's features include: library management; format conversion (all major ebook formats); syncing to e-book reader devices; fetching news from the Web and converting it into ebook form; viewing many different e-book formats, giving you access to your book collection over the internet using just a browser.
Calibre 7.5.1 changelog:
- Allow fine tuning the colors used in the calibre interface via Preference->Look & feel->Main interface->User interface colors
- Note that calibre no longer follows system colors on Linux in light mode (the only place where it used to follow system colors). However, there is a convenient button in the manage colors dialog to import the system colors.
- Full text search window: Add actions to the context menu to open the book at the clicked on result. Also allow using the view book shortcut to open the currently selected search result
- When showing the Full text search dialog, pre populate the search box with the contents of the main calibre search box if the main search box contains a simple search
- Windows: Fix a regression in 7.0 that caused images referring to files on the disk within comments columns to not display in some circumstances
- E-book viewer: Fix clock showing hour as zero instead of 12 between 12 and 1 am/pm
- Edit book: When wrapping selected text in a tag, preserve the selection after wrapping
- Content server: Fix a periodic spurious error message when reading books in offline mode
- Fix a regression in 7.0 caused by a regression in Qt that would result in calibre hanging rarely when using the cover browser view
- Fix custom template functions not useable in save to disk templates
- Fix a regression in 7.2 that caused the popup used for editing fields in the book list to be mis-positioned on very wide monitors
- Version 7.5.1 fixes a bug in 7.5.0 where calibre would not start up using dark colors when the system was in dark mode on some windows installs and another bug that could cause errors when using cover grid mode with covers stored in CMYK colorspace
New news sources
- ugeskriftet by morusn
- Martin Fowler and Gitbug Blogs by Lucas Lois
- Improved news sources
- El Diplo
- Science News
- Financial Times
- Business Today
- Le Monde
- Scientific American