ExplorerPatcher is a versatile and free tool that allows you to tweak and enhance the Windows Explorer. It comes with a range of useful features, including the ability to add new context menu items, change file name colors, and enable hidden features.
- Choose between Windows 11 or Windows 10 taskbar (with labels support, small icons and lots of customization).
- Disable Windows 11 context menu and command bar in File Explorer and more.
- Open Start to All apps by default, choose number of frequent apps to show, display on active monitor and more.
- Choose between the Windows 11, Windows 10 and Windows NT Alt-Tab window switcher with customization.
Lots of quality of life improvements for the shell, like:
- Skin tray menus to match Windows style, make them behave like flyouts and center them relative to the icon.
- Choose action when left and/or right clicking the network icon.
- Revert to the Windows 7 search box in File Explorer, or disable Windows Search altogether.
- Disable immersive menus and use mitigations that help you run the real classic theme without glitches.
Discover the program's full range of features by reading this wiki article.
ExplorerPatcher 22621.2361.58.2 changelog:
Tested on OS builds 22000.2416, 22621.1, 22621.2134, 22621.2361, 22631.2338, and 23545.1000.
- Taskbar10: Fixed Windows 10 taskbar not showing up on Windows 11 builds with "Never combine" on the new taskbar.
- Taskbar10: Fixed pen menu crashing explorer.exe on 22621.2134+.
- Taskbar11: Fixed a bug that crashed explorer.exe when right clicking the new taskbar on Windows 11 builds with "Never combine" on the new taskbar.
- File Explorer: EP now tries to avoid crashes related to the new Windows App SDK views.
- On OS builds 22621+, fixed a bug that crashed explorer.exe when required functions in twinui.pcshell.dll (for Win+X and Windows 10 Alt+Tab) could not be found using the fallback method.
Taskbar11: Fixed a bug that reset the "never combine" setting on OS builds 22621.2361
Taskbar10: Fixed Wi-Fi flyout buttons on OS build 22621
Start10: Fixed start menu folders, show recently added, and show frequently used apps settings not being applied on OS builds 22621.2134
Please consult the README for more details.A detailed change log is available here.