Affinity Suite 2.2.0 (Photo, Designer, Publisher)
- Designed and built to empower creatives and bring out the very best in their work, Affinity V2 integrates photo editing, graphic design, illustration and layout into a super-sleek workflow - delivering a holistic experience unlike that of any other creative suite.
- Affinity Photo is a professional photo editing tool with all the power you'll ever need. Live retouch tools work in real time and its speed means there's no waiting to see your results. Non-destructive editing, raw processing and end-to-end color management are standard, so Affinity Photo has all the features required to make beautiful photographs spring to life.
- Affinity Designer is a vector graphic design solution used by professional designers, artists, and creatives who are working on illustrations, icons, branding, UI designs, typography, print projects, mock ups, web graphics, pattern designs, and concept arts.
- Affinity Publisher is professional-grade publishing software built to rival Adobe InDesign. From magazines, books, brochures, posters, reports and stationery to other creations, this incredibly smooth, intuitive app gives you the power to combine your images, graphics and text to make beautiful layouts ready for publication.
- No subscription
- Version 2 of the Affinity apps are available to buy with a one-time payment. This not only gets you the latest and greatest versions of Affinity, but you will also receive free updates (such as the recent 2.1 update) until such a time Version 3 is released!
- Types of Affinity license
- An Affinity V2 Universal License: A single license that allows you to use any Version 2 Affinity application (Designer, Photo and Publisher) on all three operating systems (macOS, Windows and iPadOS). You can buy this via an in-app purchase.
- A single application license for macOS: one for each macOS application-Designer, Photo and Publisher.
- All downloads are free and will offer a 30-day trial on start-up, as well as the option to purchase a perpetual license. For each application, Designer, Photo and Publisher, you can only have one 30-day trial of our software (see Trialling Affinity apps).
Affinity Suite 2.2 release notes (improvements and major fixes):
Features and improvements affecting all platforms
- OCIO v2 support added in Photo
- OpenColorIOSetup and usage tutorial: https://youtu.be/NMc5Syoz8MU
- Custom text variables in Publisher
- Additional keyboard shortcuts for pixel brush tools
- Alt-click new layer automatically adds selection to that new layer
- Cross-references added in Publisher
- 'Hide effects' and 'greyscale' view mode options in Publisher and Designer
- Change guide colour
- Long press tool shortcuts
- Custom date formats available in Publisher
- All supported image files now available from File -> Open in Publisher
- 'Find and Replace' now includes scope and result count in Publisher
- Go to previously viewed spread in Publisher
- 'Create symbol' option added to Layer menu in Designer
- Additional options when creating indexes in Publisher
- Update table format from selection in Publisher
- Improved resistance to data loss when network connectivity is lost.
- Files are locked while they are being edited to avoid simultaneous edits by 2 users.
In addition to those features on all platforms above, these are the Windows and macOS features and improvements
- MacOS Sonoma Support
- Object creation data entry
- Data Entry tutorial: https://youtu.be/0gHcOY1ZcSI
- Move data entry
- 'Delete Node' added to right-click menu
- 'Select All on Current Layer' option now available
- Grid presets and favourite fonts now sync between apps on device
- Data merge in Publisher now allows fields to set URLs, file locations, emails and anchors
In addition to those features on all platforms above, these are the iPad features and improvements
- Decimal place accuracy preferences added
- 'Prefer to keep selection' preference added