Notepad++ is a free (as in "free speech" and also as in "free beer") source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL License.
Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
Notepad++ 8.5.1 changelog:
- Use new modern shell "Edit with Notepad++" of Windows 11 instead of hijacking "Pin to Quick access".(Fix #13320, implement #13330)
- Update scintilla to 5.3.4 and lexilla to 5.2.4. (Implement #13338)
- Add MS Transact-SQL support. (Fix #5940, #7988, #11718, #12610, #13160)
- Add GDScript language support with autocomplete & functionlist. (Fix #13329)
- Fix UDL empty button regression after changing localization. (Fix #13228)
- Add ability to copy "Find what" to "Replace with" and vice versa in Find Replace dialog. (Fix #12122)
- Fix DocSwitcher RTL problem, and use edit field instead of a small popup value dialog. (Fix #13244, #13248)
- GUI visual enhancement: Fix whole dialog items blink when a item value changed. (Fix #13230)
- Make tray icon context menu translatable. (Fix #11628)