MediaInfo supplies technical and tag information about a video or audio file. MediaInfo provides details about a both video and audio details, including tag information. Links are provided to Web locations for download of most video codecs and applications. File data is exportable in a variety of formats including CSV, text and HTML.
What can I do with it?
- Read many video and audio file formats
- Different methods of viewing information (text, sheet, tree, HTML...)
- You can customize these views
- Exporting information as text, CSV, HTML...
- Graphical Interface, or Command Line, or DLL
- Integration with MS-Windows shell (drag 'n' drop, and Context menu)
- Internationalization: any language display on any version of your Operating System
- Localization capability (but volunteers needed)
What information can I get from MediaInfo?
- General: title, author, director, album, track number, date, duration...
- Video: codec, aspect, fps, bitrate...
- Audio: codec, sample rate, channels, language, bitrate...
- Text: language of subtitle
- Chapters: number of chapters, list of chapters
What format (container) does MediaInfo support?
- Video: MKV, OGM, AVI, DivX, WMV, QuickTime, Real, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DVD (VOB)... (Codecs: DivX, XviD, MSMPEG4, ASP, H.264, AVC...)
- Audio: OGG, MP3, WAV, RA, AC3, DTS, AAC, M4A, AU, AIFF...
- Subtitles: SRT, SSA, ASS, SAMI...
MediaInfo 22.06 changelog:
- MXF: FFV1 support
- Dolby Vision: add info about more profiles
- AAC: check of missing ID_END and incoherent count of channels
- NSV: better handling of buggy StarDiva agenda negative timestamps
- Text: Show text frame rate
- Text: frame rate precise numerator/denominator also for text streams
- CDP: readout of display aspect ratio
- MPEG-4/MOV: support of time codes >30 fps
- TTML: Support of more timeExpression flavors
- ADM: correctly map Dolby binaural render mode to track UID
- Dolby Audio Metadata: first frame of action in HH:MM:SS:FF format
- Dolby Vision: profiles and levels in decimal rather than in hexadecimal
- MXF: fix of Dolby Vision Metadata not displayed if HDR10 metadata is present
- MPEG-4/MOV: avoid buggy frame rates by taking frame rate from stts atom
- CDP: better catching of wrong line21_field value
- NSV: better handling of invalid frames
- MXF: Include frame count in SDTI and SystemScheme1 time codes to time stamp conversion
- TTML: do not show frame rate if it is from MediaInfo options
- DV: timecode trace in HH:MM:SS:FF format