LibreWolf is an independent “fork” of Firefox, with the primary goals of privacy security and user freedom. It is the community run successor to LibreFox.
LibreWolf is designed to minimize data collection and telemetry as much as possible. This is achieved through hundreds of privacy/security/performance settings and patches. Intrusive integrated addons including updater, crashreporter, and pocket are removed too.
- Latest Firefox — LibreWolf is compiled directly from the latest build of Firefox Stable. You will have the the latest features, and security updates.
- Independent Build — LibreWolf uses a build independent of Firefox and has its own settings, profile folder and installation path. As a result, it can be installed alongside Firefox or any other browser.
- No phoning home — Embedded server links and other calling home functions are removed. In other words, minimal background connections by default.
- User settings updates
- Extensions firewall: limit internet access for extensions.
- - Multi-platform (Windows/Linux/Mac/and soon Android)
- Dark theme (classic and advanced)
- The Mozilla release notes.
- We're using a new build process, it's been tested and things should work normally.
- Added new about-dialog, and improved the LibreWolf settings, the search engines have been revised.
- Many improvements to the librewolf.cfg, which is now at version 5.1